As part of an industry-leading organization with a strong focus on client retention and growth, you will help deliver tailored solutions by providing expert advice and access to unique products to meet the various and changing needs of our clients.
The Account Manager provides exceptional account management services to their clients as well as provides support to the Employee Benefits Consultants and Employee Benefit Specialists.
Direct Report – Director of Client Services
- Manage and retain an assigned block of business of approximately 45 to 75 clients
- Assisting clients with their inquiries and follow-ups either on your own or by supervising the carrier service representative and administrative staff.
- Assist the client in the management of disability claims, confirming billing inquiries and claims resolution and extension of benefits coordination for terminated employees
- Maintain a contact schedule with clients to ensure proactive service, both in office and face to face.
- Conduct employee meetings when requested
- Conduct pre renewal meetings which occur every year 4 months prior to the renewal
- Develop custom communications for amendments or members who may be eligible to apply for an increase in coverage.
- Upon sale of a case, work closely with the carrier and client by gathering enrolment and underwriting material and ensure proper issue of the program, assisted by the consultant, when necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of all different carrier administration sites including knowledge with our in house program Salesforce.
- Objective is to provide our clients with a superior level of service as a result retaining our clients.
- Participate in webinars, seminars etc. in order to promote services and keep abreast of industry trends and activities.
- College or University Degree, Minimum two (2) to three (3) years experience in group benefits industry with a client facing role
- Understanding of the group benefits industry including funding arrangements.
- Completion or the ability to complete GBA and/or Life License Qualification Program
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- A positive attitude and strong team player who works well with internal and external stakeholders
- Are primarily a customer service focused person but are comfortable working alongside the new business development process
- A solutions and results oriented individual who demonstrates excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and provide deliverables as identified in a timely manner
- Proficiency and comfort working with multi-channel technology
- Valid Driver’s License and vehicle
About The Leslie Group
The Leslie Group Limited is a boutique consulting firm that specializes solely in group benefits and group retirement programs. We have been in business for 25 years and have grown every year since our inception. We continue to grow our team and currently employ 27 staff members in various consulting and service roles, assisting over 550 corporate clients across the country.
Since the beginning, The Leslie Group has offered innovative ideas, that enable employers to save money while directly involving their employees in the program. We believe that containing costs is a function of employee participation, understanding, and appreciation of the programs.
Our creative approach to plan design saw The Leslie Group Limited as one of the first firms to regularly recommend, among other items, specialty carriers, employee assistance programs, managed drug plans, health services spending accounts, and flexible benefits programs. Our objective has always been to tailor a plan design to meet the specific needs of not only the employer, but also their employees. As a leader in flexible benefits and tax effective compensation, we are committed to the continued research and development of these unique programs.
The third component of our corporate philosophy, proactive service, is an area we work on every day, through such things as account executives, pre renewal marketings, client service reviews, pre renewal meetings and annual plan review. Our team of experienced in house service representatives makes this component of our philosophy stand out from the competition.
Of course none of the above components would be worth much if they weren’t available at a competitive price. Through the maintenance of a strict budget, technology, and dedicated, well trained employees, we have been able to consistently offer our clients the services they require for an affordable price.
The Leslie Group Limited brings a unique third party approach to the planning and management of benefit programs. In an industry of increasing complexity, this unbiased perspective and our commitment to the best advice and price possible, are invaluable.