As part of an industry-leading organization with a strong focus on client retention and growth, you will help deliver tailored solutions by providing expert advice and access to unique products to meet the various and changing needs of our clients.
In this position, you will provide support services to all the Consultants and Employee Benefit Specialists. You will be assigned an existing block of clients with an objective of growing that block through internal and external referrals, and recognizing new opportunities within the existing client base.
Direct Report – Director of Finance and Operations
- Analyse data provided from the insurers: renewals, proposals, experience updates, etc.,
- Complete annual renewal reports and facilitate marketing reviews to ensure the client is receiving a competitive renewal proposal.
- Create client-facing illustrations using data from the insurer.
- Calculate pricing of plan alternates and alternative funding methods, stop loss, etc.
- Prepare reports and other deliverables to communicate results of data analysis, plan design alternative calculations, etc.,
- Create illustrations to demonstrate specific opportunities for cost and tax efficiencies within the employee benefits program’s structure,
- Provide service support, working between the Consultant/EBS, client, other internal staff.
- Be familiar with the structure of each assigned client, from plan design to funding arrangements and life cycle of deliverables,
- Maintain the good order of each assigned client’s file and workflow tracking;
- Work on new prospects with Consultants/EBS,
- Track Leads and Opportunities in Salesforce CRM
- Perform regular spot-checks of carrier data to ensure the accuracy of all components,
- Participate in the development and improvement of new ideas and illustrations,
- Track ongoing work, update Salesforce Renewal Opportunity Processes regularly and as necessary.
- Perform other duties as necessary to support Director of Finance & Operations, Account Manager, and overall operational and client goals.
- College or University Degree, preferably with three (3) to five (5) years of experience in the group benefits industry
- Experience in an underwriting role would be an asset
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, English
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet client and internal needs
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of various carriers’ claims paying and administrative processes, as well as their underwriting practices and pricing models,
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Web-based carrier reporting systems, and overall computer skills,
- Organized, creative, self-motivated and able to operate under pressure
- Flexible and open to change,
- Positive attitude and open to constant personal/professional improvements,
- Capable of working independently and in a team
About The Leslie Group
The Leslie Group Limited is a boutique consulting firm that specializes solely in group benefits and group retirement programs. We have been in business for 25 years and have grown every year since our inception. We continue to grow our team and currently employ 27 staff members in various consulting and service roles, assisting over 550 corporate clients across the country.
Since the beginning, The Leslie Group has offered innovative ideas, that enable employers to save money while directly involving their employees in the program. We believe that containing costs is a function of employee participation, understanding, and appreciation of the programs.
Our creative approach to plan design saw The Leslie Group Limited as one of the first firms to regularly recommend, among other items, specialty carriers, employee assistance programs, managed drug plans, health services spending accounts, and flexible benefits programs. Our objective has always been to tailor a plan design to meet the specific needs of not only the employer, but also their employees. As a leader in flexible benefits and tax effective compensation, we are committed to the continued research and development of these unique programs.
The third component of our corporate philosophy, proactive service, is an area we work on every day, through such things as account executives, pre renewal marketings, client service reviews, pre renewal meetings and annual plan review. Our team of experienced in house service representatives makes this component of our philosophy stand out from the competition.
Of course none of the above components would be worth much if they weren’t available at a competitive price. Through the maintenance of a strict budget, technology, and dedicated, well trained employees, we have been able to consistently offer our clients the services they require for an affordable price.
The Leslie Group Limited brings a unique third party approach to the planning and management of benefit programs. In an industry of increasing complexity, this unbiased perspective and our commitment to the best advice and price possible, are invaluable.