As part of an industry-leading organization with a strong focus on client retention and growth, you will help deliver tailored solutions by providing expert advice and access to unique products to meet the various and changing needs of our clients.
In this position you will provide benefits consulting services to an existing block of clients with an objective of growing that block through internal and external referrals, and recognizing new opportunities within the existing client base. This is not a direct sales role and you will not have a sales target nor be responsible for prospecting.
- Provide consulting services and strategic advice to a range of small to mid-market clients across various industries;
- Provide analysis of clients’ financial arrangements and claims experience, and prepare/present reports and recommendations related group benefit projects;
- Provide technical advice/expertise to clients regarding plan design recommendations, costings, renewals, industry changes, etc;
- Write/deliver presentations/communications to existing and prospective clients that are thorough, powerful and persuasive.
- Manage partnerships with third party service providers and wholesalers;
- Establish strong working relationships internally with consultants and service team to collaborate and partner on projects;
- Support the business development team by meeting with prospective clients, analyzing policy details, preparing reports, negotiating with insurance carriers, and overseeing the implementation process.
- Recommend new approaches to work processes, and develop innovative approaches for continuous process improvement;
- Continually review client accounts and relationships and recommend ways to enhance the value TLG brings to the client based on a deep understanding of the client’s business and insight into industry trends;
- Establish and cultivate relationships with current clients, to position new opportunities that meet/exceed client expectations.
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in a group benefits account management, sales, or consulting role;
- Requires knowledge of health and dental benefits products, pricing, business and industry acumen, strategic thinking, client focus and team orientation;
- Demonstrated ability to manage a block of clients;
- Strong technical expertise and the proven ability to remain current with respect to industry trends, provincial and federal legislative policies and changes;
- Ability to establish relationships at the executive level with existing and prospective clients for purposes of understanding the short/long term needs of clients, and identifying business development opportunities;
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills in developing solutions for complex client issues;
- Proven organization skills and the ability to effectively coordinate the delivery of projects and advisory services;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Detail and results-oriented; ability to balance multiple priorities and work in a fast paced environment; and
- Positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree is required or equivalent years of industry experience;
- Commitment to professional development.
- Required to complete the Life License Course and Examination (LLQP) within the first 12 months of employment; and
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, which includes a base salary plus a bonus based on both individual and company performance, competitive group benefits and group retirement plans, a flexible work environment, continuing education & training, and growth opportunities within an expanding organization.
About The Leslie Group
The Leslie Group Limited is a boutique consulting firm that specializes solely in group benefits and group retirement programs. We have been in business for 25 years and have grown every year since our inception. We continue to grow our team and currently employ 27 staff members in various consulting and service roles, assisting over 550 corporate clients across the country.
Since the beginning, The Leslie Group has offered innovative ideas, that enable employers to save money while directly involving their employees in the program. We believe that containing costs is a function of employee participation, understanding, and appreciation of the programs.
Our creative approach to plan design saw The Leslie Group Limited as one of the first firms to regularly recommend, among other items, specialty carriers, employee assistance programs, managed drug plans, health services spending accounts, and flexible benefits programs. Our objective has always been to tailor a plan design to meet the specific needs of not only the employer, but also their employees. As a leader in flexible benefits and tax effective compensation, we are committed to the continued research and development of these unique programs.
The third component of our corporate philosophy, proactive service, is an area we work on every day, through such things as account executives, pre renewal marketings, client service reviews, pre renewal meetings and annual plan review. Our team of experienced in house service representatives makes this component of our philosophy stand out from the competition.
Of course none of the above components would be worth much if they weren’t available at a competitive price. Through the maintenance of a strict budget, technology, and dedicated, well trained employees, we have been able to consistently offer our clients the services they require for an affordable price.
The Leslie Group Limited brings a unique third party approach to the planning and management of benefit programs. In an industry of increasing complexity, this unbiased perspective and our commitment to the best advice and price possible, are invaluable.