We assist with coordinating the implementation of a new group benefits and retirement program including employee communications as well as the ongoing management of the program. Our services include, but are not limited to, the following:
Annual renewal negotiations to ensure that rate adjustments are consistent with our client’s industry, demographic composition and claims experience, as well as competitive in the marketplace.
- Negotiation of overall funding and fee arrangements.
- Quarterly claims experience reviews and analysis to ensure that our clients are kept current with the financial circumstances of their program.
- Plan design and utilization benchmarking reports.
- Design and management of flexible benefit programs.
- Preparation of letters of direction for employer signature to authorize plan changes.
- Conduct competitive market reviews as required to ensure costs continue to be fair and competitive.
- Perform due diligence on the benefits and retirement programs for potential mergers and acquisitions.
- Updates regarding legislative changes affecting the design or administration of the plan.
- Development and coordination of creative programs such as flexible health care spending accounts, executive medical services (comprehensive health assessments and corporate health membership programs), Global Medical Care Insurance, and preferred pharmacy services.
- Management of special projects as required
- Assistance with Collective Bargaining
Continual assessment of the plan, taking the following into consideration:
- Analysis of emerging trends and normative data that impact a client’s benefit program
- Designing plans to meet Executive benefit needs
- Corporate Philosophy
- Employee needs
- Employer mandates / Changing objectives
Management of relationships between the client and group retirement providers.
Employee communication including preparation of written member communications on behalf of our client regarding plan design changes, new group implementations, and/or carrier transitions.
- Coordinate in person communication meetings to educate members on the benefits provided by their employer.
- Communication and promotion of valued added services, such as preferred pharmacy, optical programs and wellness programs.
Dedicated service team to assist in the day-to-day management and administration of our client’s program and to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Support with disability claims management
- Assist with enrollments/terminations/extension of benefits, etc.
- Securing severance extensions.
- Claims resolution.
- Assistance in resolving unique or unusual administrative issues as they arise.
- Training of benefit administrators in plan administration roles and expectations as it relates to a specific Insurer’s software as well as Canadian Life and Health Insurance Associations CLHIA) guidelines.